Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Julie

Julie 14x11 Oil portrait Commission

I hope you have all survived another Halloween. We were able to fend off the hoards of trick or treaters that converged on our home. All three of them left with their knapsacks full. The young seem to be able to process the goodies better than I can and so I was glad to avert another hip enlarging event!

Todays painting is one of a duet. The second one will come later.

These paintings are the commission I mentioned several weeks ago about memorializing a lost friend. Julie, this lovely paint mare lived a long and happy life surrounded by many people and so the need for two paintings. I am not sure who ended up with which painting but I am told that everyone who saw them loved them.

I wish I could say the same for calculus. My mind has made that change in state from solid matter to liquid. I am pretty sure every time I shake my head in confusion I am losing IQ points as any and all neurons escape my ear canals. My poor mind is just hoping to survive this wondrous experience with enough skills to qualify to make french fries at the local Burger Joint.

They say what doesn't kill you will make you stronger. Wow, I never thought I would live to see that adage played out in real life much less my own.

Here's hoping I have Herculean strength ....and I still look like a girl at the end of it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment