Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Last Race

 CTV came and experienced the thrill of being in the bike!
 Monster stride on this mare who is motoring those sexy bike wheels!
 The start of the race is always thrilling
I love photographing the horses from the infield
Yes this is at the track between races

My last post was quite somber. My heart was heavy with the fear that the local racetrack was closing. My daughter and I went on Sunday for what was to be the last race.

Then something wonderful happened. A group of local business men, people who are horsemen themselves, stepped up to the plate to help support, organize and manage the track. It is not a guaranteed success story but it lightens the load and the heart. They haven't asked for a government bailout, they are handling it themselves and it is actions such as this that give me hope for my home province. For too long we have allowed others to control our futures and whether it was intentional or not, left matters in complete disrepair. Here's hoping that more people will take a "hand up" vs the "hand out" approach to keeping our community vibrant and alive.

I hope you enjoy the photography from last weeks races. It is not the last day!

No comments:

Post a Comment