Sunday, February 15, 2015

Dropper

Dropper 12x16 oil portrait

This is the last side profile portrait I have from the Neglected Series. It is rather a bittersweet one. This is Dropper and she belonged to a friend whom always allows me to photograph his horses at the track. She was a lovely mare and a personal favorite of both of us but she is no longer with us.

This is one of the reasons I  love portrait work, photographs get lost or faded while a painting remains vivid and ageless.

The neglected series is winding down. Only 11 left. There are some very unique ones coming up because in true procrastinating manner, the hardest ones are left!! Nothing like a storm day to help one wile away the hours in the studio! If the Maritimes continues to get pommeled by Mother Nature and Shubenacadie Sam, I just might finish them all before spring, when I emerge with my camera to search for more inspiration!!

No comments:

Post a Comment