Thursday, May 11, 2017

Sandesons Highland Heifer -Oil Portrait

I love painting cows. I started out doing the dairy and that soon morphed in to beef cows. I had  gotten the urge to paint a Guernsey and I knew of a young lad that had one. He nicely bathed her and had her already for me when I arrived. I got some very nice shots and have finished one painting of her (see previous posts).

While I was there he asked if I would like to go to the pasture to see something "neat". He knew I would be interested in anything "neat, weird and unique" so off we marched to the back pasture.

Imagine my joy when I saw several Highland Beef cattle! Not exactly the calmest critters in the herd it took some quiet gentle maneuvering on my part to snap a few dozen pictures of them in various poses. After a while they realized that I was no bother so they plunked themselves in the middle of  a round bale and munched hay while I snapped photos.

What a grand way to spend the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment