Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Joe

Sue's Gelding Joe
Oil portrait

My latest challenge is to get some paintings completed in time for our local Art Show celebrating Canada's 150th Anniversary. Ten paintings to be exact. The theme of the show is to have 15 artists create 10 - 6"x 6"pieces so we can have 150 pieces of art on the wall. Might be a wee bit ambitious but sometimes you have to be!

I chose this picture as it is a Canadian Gelding (Canada's own National Horse) that belongs to a long time friend. I thought having our National colours behind him would work out well. In my mind I had something entirely differently planned, a very realistic smooth piece with shadows of maple leaves falling all over the place but I love the way this piece turned out. Sometimes you have to let go and follow where that brush leads you!

No comments:

Post a Comment