Tuesday, November 9, 2010

More Wool!

Chloe In Wool!

Chloe In Wool! Part 2

I must say I have found this whole new craft of needle felting a wonderous way to de-stress. With each poke of the needle through the wool I find my aggravations and worries disappear and as the successions of needling continues I see before me something beautiful being created.

The above model is my usual muse, Chloe. My appaloosa mare is my buddy and we get along great. She doesn't care if she ever gets ridden or if she is kept at a 5 star stable, she is quite content to stroll among my pastures protecting her flock of sheep and generally keeping tabs on her human. That would be me. Anytime I want to try a new style of art I usually look at my muse. Chloe never disappoints and usually my efforts turn out to be quite acceptable.

I may not show her this latest work. Simialar to Manfred on Ice Age "Yes Chloe this wool makes you look poofy"! My darling mare in reality does not have such behemoth legs or quite so much coat but it is quite a good likeness of her.

I used pipecleaners for her structure, Clun Forest wool for the body fill and then decided to use Alpaca fiber for the outer covering. This was the start of my demise.

While the colour was very close to Chloe's natural hue it was not the ideal thing to work with in this instance. It did not needle felt well and added to her bulk. No female ever wants to hear that her clothing is adding to "her bulk", hence the reason I will neglect to show Chloe this model. She does after all have control over how long I remain in the upright position while riding her!

No comments:

Post a Comment