Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The Big Boys 24"x12" Oil portrait

Another snow storm in a series of miserable weather events here in Nova Scotia. Huge fluctuations in temperature interspersed with snow storms make me a hermit! I guess the studio is a pretty good place to hide out while I wait for summer.

This is another painting from the neglected group.  Several years ago I went to watch the hitching up of a huge group of harness horses that participated in a  wagon caravan tour from our county to another. It was great to see so many different breeds and outfits. Lots of fodder for an artist! It was sketched onto the canvas pretty quickly and occassional dabs of paint were added but it was mainly unfinished until recently. Nice to finish these pieces that have been mocking me for way too long. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment