Monday, December 20, 2010

Charlie 7x5 Oil Portrait Sold

The Holiday season is now upon us and my kids are home for the holidays and buzzing around the house fueled by Christmas bonbons. Any attempts to get them to use this excess energy in a positive way ie doing laundry is as futile as Borg assimilation!

There are more social gatherings in these last two weeks than there have been for the rest of the year and the burst of activity has us all sleeping very well at night. The chance to visit and enjoy the company of new and old friends has been a blessing in more ways than one and I for one enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of this season as compared to other years.

The studio is hopping busy and I presently have 4 commissions in various stages of development propped up on easels and tables. They are all smaller in nature which makes them rather fun to play with as opposed to the larger canvas' which can be daunting in a tight time frame.

So between the Holiday festivities, herding sugar crazed kids to various events and refueling my 13 year old sons insatiable appetite with something half way nutritious I hope to hide out in my studio. Maybe I'll sneak an eggnog or two up with me!!

Happy Holidays to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment