Thursday, June 9, 2011

Gallery 215 entry

Busch Garden Meerkat 7x5 $210

Another entry for Gallery 215 which has its grand opening this weekend. Check it out at http://nsnet.ca/gallery215/index.php

We are very busy here. David, Connor and I weighed the lambs last night which was an expereince to say the least! Everyone is getting very large so I rigged up a sling to hold the lambs while they were suspended from the scale. Purchashing a full sized scale for my tiny flock is rather counter productive so it means I have to come up with other ideas on how to accurately weigh the woolie beasties. Even Garnet our runt is doing really well.

Compared to a feedlot situation we are a bit behind growth wise but my focus is on grass fed lamb and boy do they like the grass! By the time the fall comes my fields will have been harvested via woolie munchers and my freezer will be full!

No comments:

Post a Comment