Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas 2012

Well, the school season is done for 2012. The marks are back. When I signed up for 6 courses (including organic chemistry... yikes) I am not sure what super power I thought I had but I learned the only one any one needs to have is the power of tenacity; that and a perverse amount of stubborn determination. As a mature student you refuse to waste any money especially on a course that costs as much as a university one does.

I like to break it down for some of the younger students when they question my dedication to getting good marks. For the equestrians, $600 can be one months board and a horse show (maybe two), for a farmer; that is a 150 bales of hay and for those who also work while going to school, it equates to about  3 weeks of work at minimum pay. Multiply that by 6 and you have one stressed out mature student.

As you can see from above, I have been busy reacquainting myself with my studio; a place I have been neglecting these past few months. It feels wonderful to push paint around the canvas and get some images out of my head and onto board. I saw my art prof during the Christmas break and once again he asked why was I at a science college. I replied;

"I am a fussy eater and science pays better."

 I don't think I convinced him as he pushed the idea of enrollment at  a local art school...again.  He mentioned that I was the only 100 he gave out and that each week he looked forward to my assignments. Not sure any of my science profs felt that way. Really sure I made my organic chem prof groan more than once. Hey, maybe Prof. Brown is onto something!!

On another note. I got a camera for Christmas. My poor Nikon died, at Atlantic Grand Circuit Week no less and I have been suffering severe withdrawal ever since. A few friends have lent me their cameras but I have to admit, my Nikon was like an extension for my eye. So when I opened up that gift yesterday I was like a little kid. I threw on some clothes and ran out side snapping shots like a paparazzi and grinning like a fool. Some evidence of yesterdays escapades will probably appear here soon!

Have a fantastic Christmas Season and a joyous New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment