Saturday, February 16, 2013

Oxen

 The Oxen 8x10 Oil Portrait Commission

I feel a real sense of accomplishment having finally completed a piece! Last weekends blizzard really helped as I was bound to the house with little to do other than homework and housework. Two very reprehensible activities to my line of thinking!

I have wanted to paint oxen for a while and was presented with a good photo to work from. A woman commissioned me to paint this for her boyfriend who owns them. These two have been on TV so technically I have just painted my first "Star"! LOL

They originally had harness/yoke on them and were working in the woods but as you can tell I was very inspired by the winter weather at the time and the effect worked out nicely.

Time to hit the books and dedicate some time to an art show I am organizing. This is  a first for our University next month and I am on a steep learning curve. I have a new found respect for people who volunteer their time to make events happen in Public forums. I have already had a few "interesting" things happen and the deadline is still a month away. So next time you partake in a show and event, offer constructive criticism because without the volunteers, nothing would happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment