Monday, October 25, 2010

Pam's Spy Private Collection Oil Portrait

Commissions are great fun when you have a great client. Actually almost all my commissions have been great fun. I have been able to meet some really cool people and try some new and interesting subject matter.

The above painting is one I did for a woman who had a really nice mare she wanted painted. She did not have any really good photos and she knew I was a former equine photographer. As luck would have it she was showing this mare in my back yard so to speak, so off I went with my camera in tow.

The mare was lovely and the day was perfect and I was able to get several really nice photos of her. It came down to two pictures that I was really enamoured with and so Pam said

"You choose."

Oh wow, are you kidding?????

The only demand on this comission was that it was of this palamino mare. I got to choose the style, form, medium and photo. What more could an artist ask for?? True bliss!

As it was, I could no more make a choice than the owner so I painted two versions of this portrait and once again left it up to her to choose. Both were beautiful but in the end she chose the above image. I felt it really captured her well.

I think that about the other painting too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment