Monday, October 11, 2010


The Pre Race Warm Up 16X20 Oil

It has been a while since I have been able to post a completed painting. I would love to say that I have been whisked away on some lively foreign adventure but truth be told my time is not my own lately. Some days I only get a minute essence of time to work in the studio and I miss it like crazy!

This painting is based on one of a series of photos I took during Truro Raceway's Grand Circuit Week last year. The evening this photo was taken was one of those luscious times when the evening light was rich and beautiful and the contrast between light and dark was extreme.

Have a great Thanksgiving. I am looking forward to having a huge meal on the table, complete with our own farm raised Turkey (not Connor's Lurkey!!) our own potatoes, carrots, squash and, of course, decadent Velvet Lush cake!

May your festivities be full of great food and wonderful company.

Take care and happy holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment