Saturday, July 16, 2016

Storm Day Turner style  30x24 Acrylic Private Collection

Some days you have to jump in feet first and do the new scary stuff. I decided to go to an Al Chaddock workshop and despite it being an acrylic workshop dealing with water/marine themes (two subjects I usually avoid like the plague) I decided to go full throttle. That is until I got in the door and realized that , despite looking at my equipment list multiple times, I still had the wrong sized canvas with me, so with minimal urging from my friend Marilyn, I hightailed it to the closest art store to purchase a large canvas (I have 3 at home ...opps) so I could experience "the full effect of the workshop". Marilyns words not mine.

Who knew I could cover the whole thing in paint in one day?

I was told to bring in reference photos. I did. I just did a really poor job of copying the photo. I think I got the blue part right... Landmarks probably do not resemble any known landmass on this planet but hey,  I have artistic license, might as well use that special privilege.

No comments:

Post a Comment