Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year !

Big Race Work in progress

Happy New Year!

It is hard to believe that it is now a New Year and that 2010 is behind us. I personally say good riddance and look forward to the joy that the next 362 days has to offer.

I have been very busy with a variety of smaller commissions and since I have a strict policy of not posting them until the customer receives them I have been hard pressed to post new work. That is until 1:32 am last night. After working on and finishing several smaller pieces with time deadlines on them I glanced at this large piece (24"x36") and got inspired. This piece has sat sketched out and propped up against the wall for months now. I normally avoid large pieces like the plague but after several weeks of fine detail work getting the big brushes out and swooshing paint around the canvas was an absolute joy!

This is another of that series of paintings I am doing based on the local racetrack here in Truro.

I like the way this painting is coming along. Much like this New Year. Lets hope they are both spectacular!!

No comments:

Post a Comment