Sunday, August 14, 2011

Feeder Lamb -Photo

The Flock -photo

Rideau Arcott Ewe & lamb -photo

Rideau Arcott x Texel Lamb - Photo

Rideau Arcott Ewe - photo

What a gorgeous day it was yesterday. The sun was shining the temperature was perfect and only a slight breeze to ruffle the laundry.

BUT the best part was I was alone!!!!! Dave took the kids camping, an event I abhor but they adore so with the plausible excuse of

"I have to stay home to feed the animals" away they went.

After finishing the mountains of laundry to excessively loud Old Blues tunes I proceeded to putter about unfettered about the property without the constant buzz of "Mom, Can you ( insert duty here)?"

About mid afternoon with perfect lighting I decided to visit a neighbor who happens to have a flock of Rideau Arcott and Texel sheep. He runs about 250 ewes and has the most unbelievable vistas. If you have never been to the maritimes, we have gorgeous scenery. Stunning look offs and breathtaking landscapes are in abundance.

What we lack is large open spaces, open water excluded...sheep do poorly there!

So the ability to walk among 250 ewes + lambs on a large open pasture was way more fun than any one woman should have. I didn't always get the shots I wanted as the sheep were very wary of my presence and although I have a great zoom lens it was a challenge to get the camera focused on the subject before they moved. After a while I just sat down in the pasture and once the draft horses decided I was not going to spend the day scratching their backs the sheep relaxed and some nice shots were caught.

Today I am going to a Dorset Farm so be prepared for more sheep photos!!


No comments:

Post a Comment