Saturday, August 13, 2011




Top to bottom-

Grey Puss 3x5 oil portrait
Little Puss 3x5 Oil Portrait
Black Puss 3x5 Oil Portrait


Guess what? I do remember how to paint! I know some of you are beginning to wander if I have traded my brushes for the camera but really, how could anyone hold this great weather against me?!?!

Today's painting (Black Puss) in the last in a trio of felines that I did for a woman who wanted to memorialize her friends who have passed on. I think it was a great idea as the oil medium is a great way to preserve those memories.

Often times I will receive old tattered photos that have become faded with time and the ability to paint these images in a more permanent manner suits me as well as the recipient. There is something about glorifying life in art that pleases me. It is like we are honouring that portion of our lives that we do not want to fade in our minds.

Right now I have 2 canvas' of a horse on my easel that a friend of mine lost. I do not normally get to do two paintings of one subject so I am having fun letting my mind choose which colours suit that faithful steed. Eventually I will finish and show you. I promise.

As for right now..I am off to photograph some sheep at a neighboring farm!



No comments:

Post a Comment