Thursday, August 19, 2010

Border Collie
North Country Cheviot ewe

The past couple of days have been crazy around here to say the least and I don't have any new finished works to display. I started a still life of a pepper with a vivid red background and the rotter refuses to dry!! Ugghh. I hate when that happens!

I have a keen interest in sheep and so tonight I ran out to a friends farm to hopefully catch a few shots of her ewes in the failing light. It is supposed to rain for the next three days so I took a chance. Even though the light is not perfect in this shot there was something soft and peaceful about the whole thing that appeals to me. I also took one of the resident Border Collie who decided I wasn't worth the effort and refused to spare me a backward glance. I still think it is a cool shot.

Who knows, maybe they will make a great winters night painting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment