Saturday, August 7, 2010

Watching the Judge 4x6 Oil

This is another picture based on my daughter and her lamb. I loved the soft contemplation of this piece especially considering what a kangaroo Bella had been prior to the show.

So I am finally back on my computer and like a love affair gone bad I am glad to say Adios to my husbands computer! It was a servicable piece of equipment but I felt like I lost my buddy when I couldn't go rummaging through my files on a whim! It is amazing how attached we get to the routine we create for ourselves. Several hundred dollars later I am in familar territory typing away about my painting and life fiascoes.

These past two weeks have been extremely busy as the whole family is home and of course everyone wants to spend "quality" time together.

One instance of quality time was spent stranded on a highway just outside of Antigonish. My trusty little car with its "frog pond green" metallic colour was scooting along beautifully returning us home from Cape Breton when I sensed a cessation of energy. David tapped then stomped on the gas pedal to no avail. Our Sunfire just quit, doing 120 km down a dusky highway 2 hours from home. There was no sputter, gaggle, burp or fart to warn us there was an issue. Just the instantaneous absence of engine.

Just like that we were close to $1000 poorer.

Thank God for cell phones, sisters in law and paid off credit cards.

Turns out my little car had a terminal fuel pump disease. Turns out it is normal for your car to die with a flick of a switch. Turns out people will take your money to repair such disasters.

I think my computer and car had this planned.


No comments:

Post a Comment