Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Busch Garden Flamingo 5x7 Oil
$175 +S/H


This little fellow caused me all sorts of consternation when I first decided to attempt to paint him. The photo my husband had taken while we were visiting Busch Gardens in Florida had captivated me, I longed to capture him in oils (the bird not my husband!!).

The issue was my somewhat justified fear of the colour. For someone who specializes in horses and cows and dogs this super cool coloured bird caused me to doubt my abilities more then once.

Then I decided to be like a teenager on a hot summer day and take a great big running leap into that lake. You know the one...the one that instantly freezes your reproductive organs and limits your ability to procreate for what seems like an eternity!

I must say that when I surfaced for air I felt refreshed and glad I took that plunge. Pushing wild coloured paint around the canvas had me smiling from ear to ear and the result is one that I am pleased to call my own.

Now back to the task of painting harness. Yes I am still bumbling with the miles and miles of Standardbred harness that my newest venture seems to be wrapped up in. Just like those racehorses I know the finish line is just around the next bend..it is you know a circular track!!

No comments:

Post a Comment