Thursday, August 12, 2010

Chloe in the Fog 5x3 oil SOLD

This is my Appaloosa mare Chloe browsing in her pasture one early foggy morning. Living close to the Bay of Fundy we have a tendency to get a few of those! Right now the tides are in and the banks are close to overflowing, a by product of the season and a few days of rain.

My kids are looking forward to this falls running of the rapids and while I personally am not looking forward to being covered in the silty brown water other friends have told me it is a highly entertaining way to ruin a white shirt!

I started working on a couple of larger pieces today and although I have put it off, not liking the undercoat I find the paint is flowing freely and I am able to cover up the beginning brushstrokes of ugliness. I have to admit I like how it is going. Maybe in the next post I will show you the painting in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment