Thursday, August 5, 2010

Catch Up!

Blarney Castle Tower 4x4 Oil
($65 CDN plus shipping)



Wow, it has been a few days since I have posted something on the blog. I was going to apologize but then I thought, "I am living life!" I will not diminish that or the joy I feel at having a family to enjoy that with. I am sure that you yourself have times when reading my blog is not paramount in your life!! ;)

Needless to say I have been run ragged and done so many things and had a few misadventures along the way that I think I will stretch them out for a few days. Otherwise you would be stuck reading page ofter page of Fullerton Chronicles!!!

I had a good friend from Alberta drop in to see me a few days ago who was visiting her family and we reminisced about mutual hobbies and things we loved. When we moved to Nova Scotia from Alberta I knew there were facets of my life I would never revisit again. The main one being my involvement in the horse industry. Talking to this friend made me realize how much I missed that segment of my life. There is something about sharing a common bond with like minded people that allows you to feel accepted and connected to the community. While in Alberta I had that and I still, over a decade later , maintain friendships from that part of my life but I do find it lonely here. Anything I say in comparison of the two provinces sounds like extreme arrogance but unless you have had the chance to experience the thrill of riding a World Champion, training with an Internationally respected and accredited trainer one can never understand why I do not pursue the equine industry like I did in Alberta. I left not only a way of life but a business behind.

Seeing my friend reminded me of how much I gave up by moving back home.

I am not boo -whoo- ing my life choices. Just acknowledging why I made them. While I would dearly love to have some of the life style I had in Alberta I have to admit that watching my children emerge in their own light has been a wonderful thing. My days of showing are over but theirs have just begun seeing them compete with my horse at the local 4H show this past week have helped me realize that although others may resent my "come from away" experience, my children certainly benefit. And if you can not help your children benefit from your experiences then what are you on this earth for?

No comments:

Post a Comment