Friday, July 23, 2010

Computer confusion and New Directions

Shubenacdie Wolf 12X8 Coloured pencil

So we have finally found out what my computer has been suffering from. Apparently it has "bulging compasitors". I wonder if that is like "bulging waist bands"! I am told that a computer can not function with such an affliction. I can sympathize. I can't tie my shoes sometimes. I feel your hurt computer.

Davids computer and I have some issues and if it doesn't begin to work on my brain waves I might just teach it a new skill .... like flying. Sorry about the two posts in one day. I actually posted the "Wednesday " post at 12:20 Wednesday morning but I guess Dave's computer works in a different time zone. Catch up you stupid hunk a junk! :P

The picture before you folks to day is inspired by John Neito and Dee Sanchez, they are two unique artists who use bold electric colours (Neito) and black outlines (Sanchez) to define their subjects. While watching The Nature of Things last night and rifling through my stockpile of photos I came across a serviceable but not special photo of a wolf who is a resident at the Shubenacadie Wildlife Park. While not strong enough to stand on its own as a portrait in my style I rather liked the idea of combining these two artists style in a rendition of this beautiful creature. I started with creating a realistic eye to hold the soul and then I let loose the creative juices! It was very fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment