Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Wild n Colourful



Sorry for no post yesterday. We had some sort of computer/internet issue and I could not get on line. It is amazing when you lose the ability to get on line how disconnected you can feel. I never knew how addicted I was to my routine!

I am really excited about this new painting. It started out a few months ago with my general blocking in of the colours and my husband came in and looked at it remarking "I like it that way. You shouldn't change it." So I stared at it for several months wondering if I would do an impressionistic blocking style on it or not. This is not my regular style and being the control freak that I am it took quite some time to convince myself to try it.

It would not have been that much of a big deal except that this is a larger sized canvas than I usually deal in but as you can see I got brave and boy am I ever pleased! It has been a long time since a painting had be so tickled. I think it should be really cool when it is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment