Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Reasonably sane again!

Sunrise on My Front Step 6x4 oil
Now that I went back to my first love, oils, I feel considerably more in tune with my "inner child". You know the one. The one that jumps up and down crowing with joy at getting what it really wanted. I am glad I tried the acrylics and I can see myself using them again in the future but kinda like my daughter who believes potatoes are an abomination and scowls each and every time they are placed on her plate I may make many foul faces until I finally get the hang of acrylics.

Until then I will stay in my happy place for a bit. Happily pushing oil paints around my canvas trying desperately to recreate the world around me works better with oil paints. Today I just slathered, muooshed and bullied my paint and I liked it. If you look at this picture and feel that I took artistic license, please come visit me. I am lucky enough to witness mornings like this and better on a regular basis. Come see for yourself if you don't believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment