Sunday, July 4, 2010

Knowing when to stop


The Modern Texel 7x5 oil

Another sheep today! I think sheep are wonderful and they are the one shining light in the world of Agriculture right now.

In Canada we are presently importing nearly 60% of all the lamb we consume. The latest prediction has the Canadian market importing 80% off all the lamb it consumes by 2012.

If those numbers were applied to the dairy or poultry sectors there would be a national out cry. There is some hope though. Many young people are beginning to enter the world of business by owning their own flocks. My own daughter is starting out in the 4H Sheep project and she is not the only one. If we can not convince established farmers to become involved in the sheep industry then I guess we have to encourage the youth of this nation. So next time you go to the local exhibition and see kids involved in 4H tell them they are doing a good job. They are after all the future of farming.

To days painting was intended to be a more detailed type of work but when I was doing my under coat I just loved the way the colours lay and the whole look of the piece and so I decided to leave as is. I hope you like this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment