Sunday, September 5, 2010

Dodged the bullet

MacElmon Pond Frog 5x7 oil
$100 plus S/H

Well we are here, all in one piece and miraculously all the shingles are intact! The Hurricanes southerly approach was its saving grace for us and actually we heard very little of the storm. The joys of a concrete house are such that you really can hide from the real world in one!

I spent the entire day working on paintings and I know some of you will groan but it spent my time starting new pieces! There was such an energy during the storm that I found it hard to focus on the fine details of a class of racehorses that I lavishly spent my time smearing paint on to new canvases. What joy! :)

This little fellow lives in a small pond near a park I frequently walk. I took my 4-H photography group out to photograph the environment and this little fellow featured prominently in everyone's album. This painting is based on a photo my son took and it was one of his album enteries that won a red ribbon at the Exhibition.

I thought he (the frog not my son!) looked so calm and relaxed and I had to paint him. Maybe there is a little bit of the fairy tale princess in me where If I kiss a toad my prince charming will appear.

Opps, forgot..I already did that and married him!! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment