Friday, September 24, 2010

Girl Power!

Ada Yonath 5x7 Oil Portrait

Wow, the world should come to a screeching halt, I have posted two people in a row!! Yikes, we better start watching for flying pigs!

Challenges are good. They help you improve and you learn things, hopefully that will allow you to become a better person.

I learned I can paint the human face reasonably well without fear of people saying "What is that? Abstract?" I might even try it again in the future. Might. Great word!

This lovely lady is Ada Yonath (for those of you who missed that part of the portrait!) who won last years Nobel Prize for Chemistry. She works on a variety of things including ribosomes and antibiotics and how to target them so drug resistance is less of an issue. If I have understood the literature well enough. Yikes.

Sometimes intrepreting that stuff is like entering a room where everyone but you speaks Greek. You think you can order your supper , wait for a roast chicken and receive liver and onions. Then you end up insulting the owner's mother when you really meant to tell them you loved their necklace! Don't laugh, it's been done by smarter folk than me!!


No comments:

Post a Comment