Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Gettin' 'er done!

Traveling Minstrel 11x14 Oil
$175 +S/H


I finally finished a painting!! Only 19 more to go!! LOL

This is a portrait of my daughters Welsh pony Traveler. He was a rescue animal who Eartharc (http://www.piczo.com/eartharc) purchased at the local cattle market for $20. That organization nursed him back to health but because he was 19 years old, had severe heaves and Cushings no one wanted him.

My big mare Chloe (pictured on top of the blog) needed to be taught horse manners and Traveler fit right in. He lived with us for 8 years and died this last Christmas, three years after the local vet claimed he wouldn't make it through the winter! I guess the vet forgot to tell him!

This picture is how I remember him, running up for his supper with his tail held high.

No comments:

Post a Comment