Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Everything is new again

Einstein 7x5 Oil

People who know me right now are having a good laugh at my expense. I am ok with that. Atleast I am serving some purpose in the world right now.

I am a fairly easy character to figure out. I have my likes and dislikes just like the next fella. I like chocolate, sunflower seeds and bright sunny days. Pretty simple right?

I dislike Math, Chemistry and Physics although many of my past dinners could qualify as experiments gone horribly wrong on a toxic chemistry level. I am pretty sure that the worst ones also broke a few physics laws. Pretty sure, but since physics is so far over my head that even with heels on I can not feel the rush of wind as it goes whizzing by me. I generally consider myself content with life without this added knowledge. I like my pie to contain sugar.

I also don't paint people. Usually when asked, I will agree to paint the daughter, grandmother or lover for an addition $25,000. Surprisingly no one has taken me up on that offer. Wonder why????

So in an effort to expand my horizons, become a better person and open my mind ( you know the cr*p I am talking about!) I thought I would attempt to do some people. Einstein was an obvious choice just because of his radical hair and idolic status as a genius. The interesting thing is that once that paint started moving around on the canvas and I focused on his face I was mesmerized by the interesting qualities they held. The more I painted the more I felt like he was alive and my level of empathy increased exponentially (see what happens when you paint genius'? Your vocabulary improves!!).

He may have been a genius but I dare people to look at the man, at any time in his life and look at him. In each and every picture, whether it is a professional or amateur photograph, he looks incrediably tired; as if the knowledge within him was too much for a mere mortal to hold.

I loved how this painting turned out.

Next time I look in the mirror and see bags under my eyes I am just going to pretend it is the genius weighing me down!!! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment