Sunday, June 27, 2010

Blast from the Past

I'm Beautiful Damn It 5x7 oil portrait

I have been busy working on larger pieces and so I thought maybe a little glimpse of the past might be in order.

This fellow, or lady depending at your ability to sex toads, lived out side my garage and every time I worked in there last summer he/she would come in and visit me. I personally would like to think it was my charming personality that transcended the species gap but in reality I accept the fact that my lights might have been luring some late night summer feasts into my work area.

That confirms it, this must be a GUY toad as the best way to attract a man (human or otherwise!) is through his stomach!

Anyways, I finally grabbed my camera one night took some shots and this past winter painted the little fellow. I loved his arrogant attitude and I could not resist showing him off again.
I think Toads are beautiful. What is wrong with me??? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment