Wednesday, June 16, 2010

June 16th - Burnt Offerings


Again today, the Prowly Cougar in yet another layer of creation! Some of you might think I have gone a step backwards but painting in oils is very similar to sculpting, only in oils you add layers as opposed to removing them.

Unless you've made a real muck up of things... like I do on a regular basis. Case in point, I decided to bake chocolate chip cookies, and I was doing fine and on my third batch when I thought to myself "Almost done." Unfortunately almost done to my subconscious means "leave the house and start planting tress and shrubs in the garden". 45 minutes later I sashay back into my smoke filled home to be greeted by my belching oven spewing cookies that wouldn't even have as much taste as a charcole brikett!

To make matters worse, my daughter decided to take several to school for show and tell and as it happens today is "family picnic" day. All of the staff, students and parents giggled, commiserated or out right laughed at Annas' black morsel. Those of a suspicious nature assumed, incorrectly, that this is a regular occurrence to my daughters lunch bag and of course Anna didn't tell them otherwise. 8D

On the bright side...none of said parents will be dumping their kids at my house for supper anytime soon!!!

So how does this relate to painting? Well, the more layers and the more attention one pays to their art the better it turns out! As long as I don't go anywhere near the oven, this may just turn out to be a great piece!!!!!!!!

Already you can see the formation of the eyes and the facial features of the cat. After the whole body gets a similar treatment then comes the application of the colour/coat which is the FUN stuf.

Cheerio!!

No comments:

Post a Comment