Wednesday, June 23, 2010

June 23rd

It is very interesting for me to look at these photos of the progress on the Prowly Cougar. Although there has been a great deal of work put into this most recent stage of the painting it is hard to tell when comparing it to the last entry. Hopefully you can now see a definite form and structure on this cat as well as feel a presence from him.

It is also interesting to me that I never noticed the white "stick" I had attached to his front leg until I posted it today. You can sit in front of a painting all day long and fall in love with the way the paint lays on the canvas to the point where you become blind to glaringly obvious faults. I guess it is kinda like falling in love... you don't see the faults!

There are a few here I will be fixing!!

I am looking forward to the application of fur and detail work. I am very pleased with the look of this piece as a whole and getting excited about the finishing touches.

No comments:

Post a Comment