Friday, June 4, 2010

June 4th


I have been a huge admirer of the daily painters website. Actually more like addicted as I faithfully check each day to see what marvels that group of artists has created.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the daily painters idea it is as its title suggest. Artists create one new piece of art work each and every day. It is a fantastic display of creativity at its most unrestrained and I love it. Not that I aspire to create a work a day but the plan is to create what I call dailies. Small pieces that are created in one day because for those of you who know me, well, I like to fuss over my work, chasing details to distraction. So this exercise I hope will loosen up my creativity and get rid of that muse killing tendency to be a control freak!!

The first one is called Little Bird and is a 4x4 still life of a present from my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment