Monday, June 14, 2010

June 14th- Why be normal?


You lead, I'll Follow Oil 10x8

Today I have for you one of those "larger pieces" for your viewing pleasure. Before David and I moved into our new place we rented from a dairy farmer whose dry cows and heifers were pastured behind our house.

It continually amazed me that the cattle would choose to stay in the pasture as scenes like this were repeated daily. You can tell that given even the slightest bit of encouragement the fence would be in pieces and the the only view of the cows we would get would be that of their rears hightailing it elsewhere! I guess the grass really is greener on their side of the fence!

While photogreaphing this painting I pulled on a pair of sandles fresh from the basement and winced as I heard a "twack twack" as the soles slapped the bottoms of my shoe. I decided to repair my shoes since they are favorites so salvation must be tried. I read the label of the can of adhesive spray, sprayed from required distance in nice even strokes and waited the 15 seconds to join the two sides together.

They would not stick.

I sprayed more.

Still no stick, so I squeezed, pressed and pushed and then a ray of inspiration hit me. They are shoes, put them on and use my body weight to ensure a good seal. Smart huh?

They sealed alright...TO MY FOOT!

I tried to wash the glue off. I used cleansers that would sterilize an operating room and still my big toe sticks to my next . UGHH! I tried the , "Lets dab it a million times to reduce the stick approach" now I have huge wads of kleenex attached to my toes. Great looking sight!

A half an hour later I remove the couch from the sandle and guess what? My toes are picking up all sorts of household debris and my sandles still don't stick to the sole of shoe!!!!

It is time to return to the studio where I have some semblance of control!!

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment