Friday, June 25, 2010

Early Mornings are beautiful

Early Morning Splendor 8x10 oil sold

I love this time of year and I love the mornings. Everything is so beautiful and I never feel like I should have stayed in bed.

Today's painting is the last in the trio of pasture cows I was working on and I think I caught that fresh colour that an early morning light will give. If you look closely you will see the butterfly and if I am lucky I will find a real one today. Anything beats the visits I get from those wretched June Bugs. Yuck.

I think that has got to be one of the most disgusting creepy critters God ever created. They have the steering ability of a 2 year old on a trike, hit you like a homerun baseball and stick like gum to our favorite dress shoes. Even ducks don't like to eat them! Something is wrong when a duck does not find you appetizing! I am quite sure that in the grand scheme of things the fates did not create June bugs JUST to annoy me. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment