Friday, June 18, 2010

June 19th - What a Beautiful Day


The thing I love about sunny days is that I get very inspired and start new paintings. This new one is probably my most ambitious in a very long time. I usually focus on single subjects with simple backgrounds and minimal tack. I like the simplistic view. This new one is anything but simple. The photo that it is based on was taken during Grand Circuit week at the Truro Raceway last year. It was a fantastic day with incredible light and fast horses. Any artists dream!

I plan to show this painting in various stages to see how an artist gets from point a to point z with a few foreign languages added in for good measure!

The thing I love about grey rainy days, I get right to work and plug away at my favorite thing...details. Considering how many rainy days were have here in Nova Scotia it is no surprise why I love this nit picky part of painting!

Enjoy your day whatever the inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment