Thursday, June 3, 2010

June 3rd


Good morning all!

Today I have a "MOO"ster piece, something my cattle friends have been desiring for a while! This is a mature cow just standing in the field probably wondering if I am going to chase her in for her evening milking!

This is one of a series of paintings featuring the bovine beauty in pasture. It is a bit of a deviation from my usual fare whereby this lady is standing in the three quarter pose as opposed to the regular side profile stance. I think she looks like she has more character here and is a bit more natural in her demeanor.

The three quarter is a bit more difficult as you can easily distort her image if your not careful. I think she turned out quite well.

Looky Looky - Oil 10x8 sold

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment