Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The First Day


A friend of mine encouraged me to start this "blogging". With the cajoling comments of "If I can do it anyone can", I decided to take the plunge. Whether or not anyone will be interested in what I am doing is a fact that will only be proven with time, but my hope is to display my art work and tell the stories that accompany each one.

I am an artist who paints only in oils and primarily only portraiture. My subjects are usually animals of one species or another and each one has its own unique reason for being.

I am lucky enough to travel, have a great camera that captures inspiration and the courage to push paint across the canvas to hopefully create an essence that will capture your attention.

So here's to all my friends and family who can now rest easily knowing their email boxes will not be filled to the brim with creations cluttering my studio.

My first post here is focusing on an upcoming event that I support. The Cobequid Wildlife Rehabilitation Center is a rescue organization that is dedicated to helping injured and disabled wildlife. Their web address is www.cwrc.net. They are raising money to help build an eagle flight pen and I have donated a painting to their Auction coming up June 19th.

The birds I have painted are all animals that Dr. Van Doninck and her crew have saved and were "cover models" in their calendar. I have created three portraits and they are displayed at the auction and the winning bidder gets their choice of portrait. They are small size paintings (4x6 and 5x7) and lasts years winner was so pleased that she encouraged me to repeat the process. She, like many others liked the smaller size, found it less intimidating and it made a really unique affordable gift for her daughter!

There is currently a bid of $40 from Alberta for the Peregrine Falcon so folks, let the games begin!

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck, Crystal, on this new venture. I know it will do well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Roger and just for you I think I will do a very loud leopard appaloosa. I might even venture into fantasy and put you on its back!!!!! :P

    ReplyDelete