Friday, June 11, 2010

June 11th

Lots of Beauty In Nova Scotia!


Prowly Cougar

What a great day today is! The temperature is reaching summer bliss and the sun is shining at full capacity heating my solar panels up, saving the environment AND my wallet!

The post today is the beginning of something wonderful. I had the good fortune to go to the Shubenacadie Wildlife Park as a chaperone for my daughters class trip. While there I mostly chased along behind the kids because I was too busy photographing the animals there! This new painting is based on the Cougar that is a resident at the park. If you ever have the chance to go to the park and see first hand some of the wonderful exhibits there you would not regret it. There will be many more paintings based on this great trip as I am particularly interested in some really great photos of Red Tailed hawks, Eagles, Big Horned Sheep, Wolves and swans. The list goes on and on but I figure you get the idea!

Just for your viewing pleasure is my Favorite picture of one of the many Peacocks at the park. I am not sure if I will ever attempt to r e create him on canvas but I must admit he made an admirerer out of me!


No comments:

Post a Comment